Friday, July 15, 2011

Sans Analysis


  • The new Washed Out album that I've been listening to all week.

  • This quote was sent to me by my girlfriend, grabbed off of someone's Facebook page. I can't confirm the authenticity of its attribution to Huxley, but I like it nonetheless.
A child-like man is not a man whose development has been arrested; on the contrary, he is a man who has given himself a chance of continuing to develop long after most adults have muffled themselves in the cocoon of middle-aged habit and convention.
Aldous Huxley


  • Sociological Images is a fantastic site, constantly updated with novel examinations of culture from a sociological/feminist perspective. Here's one on SAT score bias: SATs, GPAs, AND BIAS

  • I've been reading the novel form of No Country for Old Men. Stumbled upon this New Yorker piece on Cormac McCarthy.

Disclaimer: I borrowed the idea of this style of posting without comment from Ben Abraham's old website.

No comments:

Post a Comment